It’s not Saturday without links! Science proves it!
* [White Lives Matter group protests outside NAACP in Houston's Third Ward](http://www.chron.com/houston/article/White-Lives-Matter-group-protests-outside-NAACP-9176142.php) -- This is an awfully polite way of saying a bunch of armed white supremacists stood around intimidating black people because that's Donald Trump's America. * [The racist roots of welfare reform](https://newrepublic.com/article/136200/racist-roots-welfare-reform) -- Nothing especially new to me here, but it's a good roundup of how welfare reform has operated in the US, and the fundamentally racist nature of such efforts. * [Economic anxiety isn't driving racial resentment. Racial resentment is driving economic anxiety.](https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/08/22/economic-anxiety-isnt-driving-racial-resentment-racial-resentment-is-driving-economic-anxiety/) -- This one seems contrary to popular belief, but the _Washington Post_ brings some data to bear. * [How Nextdoor reduced racist posts by 75%](http://fusion.net/story/340171/how-nextdoor-reduced-racial-profiling/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialshare&utm_content=theme_bottom_mobile) -- Neighborhood-based social network Nextdoor used some clever user interface adjustments to dramatically reduce posts that indicate racial profiling. A creative use of technology to cut down racist behavior!
* [12-year-old running Trump campaign office in Colorado](http://web.archive.org/web/20160927112809/http://www.kmov.com/story/32807204/12-year-old-running-trump-campaign-office-in-colorado) -- The headline speaks for itself. He only hires the best people! * [An international disaster: Trump has shown his true side, it's time to act](http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/donald-trump-is-a-threat-to-the-us-and-world-peace-a-1107902.html) -- German commentator Mark Pitzke lays out a case against Donald Trump.
* ['No Man's Sky' is like 18 quintillion bowls of oatmeal](http://motherboard.vice.com/read/no-mans-sky-review) -- Why a huge, procedurally generated universe is not necessarily going to provide as much variety and interest as you might think.
* [LEGO's letter to parents, and how not to tell a fake when you don't see one](https://medium.com/@adambanksdotcom/legos-letter-to-parents-and-how-not-to-tell-a-fake-when-you-dont-see-one-2ca9dfe586d7#.13s6ywjor) -- A surprisingly detailed examination of a supposed letter from LEGO to parents written in the '70s. Is it real? Is it fake? Well, we're not really sure. But trying to figure it out is an interesting exercise.
* [Interview with Libya's prime minister: 'We will not become like Somalia'](http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/spiegel-interview-with-libya-s-prime-minister-a-1108565.html) -- An intriguing interview with Libya's prime minister, Fayez Sarraj.
* ['Sausage Party' controversy highlights how animators get screwed](https://www.inverse.com/article/19973-sausage-party-animator-abuse-highlights-industry-issues) -- The movie was made very cheaply in large part because the animators weren't paid much. A race to the bottom is crushing animators' livelihoods. * [It's not cool to hate the 'Star Wars' prequels anymore](https://www.inverse.com/article/19900-defending-the-star-wars-prequels?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=inverse-ent&utm_campaign=promoted) -- One writer argues that they are, in fact, very daring, artistic films, better than the more comfortable formula Disney employed for _The Force Awakens._
* [Millennials are snake people, Chrome extension reveals](http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/27/millennials-snake-people_n_7450604.html) -- Our secret is out! * [Alex Jones uncovers Pickle-Gate](https://twitter.com/ToddDracula/status/769277794815737858) -- This is amazing. * [Wait, Chuck Tingle is real, and he's... really Chuck Tingle?](http://flavorwire.com/587929/wait-chuck-tingle-is-real-and-hes-really-chuck-tingle) -- The Hugo-nominated author of surreal gay erotica turns out to be an autistic, schizophrenic man from Montana who is not putting on a persona. His writing has given him a new lease on life--a popularity and admiration he'd never have experienced otherwise. * [White fragility workplace training video](https://www.facebook.com/ajplusenglish/videos/786655684809274/) -- I found this pretty hilarious and on-point.
* ["If we no longer force people to work to meet their basic needs, won't they stop working?"](https://medium.com/basic-income/if-we-no-longer-force-people-to-work-to-meet-their-basic-needs-won-t-they-stop-working-3996442b7585#.caksx0jzn) -- An examination of the necessity of work and our possible future without it.
* [The Shanley Show: was the whole thing an elaborate hoax?](http://valleywag.gawker.com/the-shanley-show-was-the-whole-thing-an-elaborate-hoax-1681398966) -- Internet personality Shanley Kane has stirred up a lot of trouble recently. Is she just playing everyone for laughs? (I assume "yes.")