So, what does Trump think he’s accomplished in his first 100 days?
As for me, I’m going to talk a little bit about each one:
- Energy Independence Executive Order — Doesn’t amount to much yet.
- Revocation Of Federal Contracting Executive Orders — Doesn’t amount to much yet.
- Reexamination Of CAFE Standards — Doesn’t amount to much yet.
- Review Of Waters Of The United States Rule — Doesn’t amount to much yet.
- Creation Of Regulatory Task Forces — This promises to be an environmental free-for-all for corporate polluters.
- Eliminating Stream Protection Rule — Ditto.
- Eliminating Regulations On Extraction Companies — And ditto again.
- One-In-Two-Out Regulation Reform — Incoherent nonsense.
- Minimizing Affordable Care Act — Well, this hasn’t been very successful, has it?
- Buy American, Hire American Pipeline — Only on new pipelines that haven’t been proposed yet, so means nothing at this point.
- Dakota Access Pipeline — True, Trump successfully brutalized people until they left the construction site. Good job.
- U.S. Material In Pipeline Construction — See above.
- Partnering With Private Sector — Because government never does that otherwise? OK.
- Withdrawal From The Trans-Pacific Partnership — Probably one of the few areas where his opponents agree with him.
- Trade Enforcement — Means nothing at this point.
- Comprehensive Reports On The Causes Of U.S. Trade Deficits — Learning things doesn’t count as an accomplishment, Donny.
- Federal Hiring Freeze — Which he later reversed.
- New Ethics Commitments On Political Appointees — We’ll see if that amounts to anything.
- Strike On Syrian Airfield — Which accomplished nothing.
- Travel Restrictions On Select Countries — Which got overturned, twice.
- New Iran Sanctions — Nonsense.
- Defense Spending In Budget — Because previous budgets had no defense spending.
- F-35 Cost Savings — Really, he could’ve scuttled the entire program.
- Immigration Enforcement, Including Constructing A Wall — The wall isn’t happening.
- Sanctuary Cities Funding — No progress on that yet. Sad!
- New Hiring To Enforce Immigration — True, ICE raids are way up. If there’s one thing Trump’s good at, it’s destroying families.
- Prioritizing Criminal Immigration Enforcement And Hiring More Immigration Judges — No one is “prioritized” anymore. Everyone is fair game.
- Commission On Opioid Crisis — We’ll see if anything comes of this.
- Protecting Law Enforcement Officers Crime — wat
- Tackling International Cartels — How?
- HBCU Initiative — Right. I’ll believe it when I see it.
- Canada-United States Council For The Advancement Of Women Entrepreneurs — Ditto.
- Promoting Women In Entrepreneurship Act — That’s cool, but maybe support women more generally, too?
- Women And Space Exploration — Everything will be fine for women as long as we can put a couple up in space, right?
- Nominating And Confirming Gorsuch — Literally, all you had to was nominate someone. The rest was up to Congress. Well done!
What a great list! I think it speaks for itself.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.