So, what does Trump think he’s accomplished in his first 100 days?
As for me, I’m going to talk a little bit about each one:
* Energy Independence Executive Order -- Doesn't amount to much yet. * * Revocation Of Federal Contracting Executive Orders -- Doesn't amount to much yet. * Reexamination Of CAFE Standards -- Doesn't amount to much yet. * Review Of Waters Of The United States Rule -- Doesn't amount to much yet. * Creation Of Regulatory Task Forces -- This promises to be an environmental free-for-all for corporate polluters. * Eliminating Stream Protection Rule -- Ditto. * Eliminating Regulations On Extraction Companies -- And ditto again. * One-In-Two-Out Regulation Reform -- Incoherent nonsense. * Minimizing Affordable Care Act -- Well, this hasn't been very successful, has it?
* Buy American, Hire American Pipeline -- Only on new pipelines that haven't been proposed yet, so means nothing at this point. * Dakota Access Pipeline -- True, Trump successfully brutalized people until they left the construction site. Good job. * U.S. Material In Pipeline Construction -- See above. * Partnering With Private Sector -- Because government never does that otherwise? OK.
* Withdrawal From The Trans-Pacific Partnership -- Probably one of the few areas where his opponents agree with him. * Trade Enforcement -- Means nothing at this point. * Comprehensive Reports On The Causes Of U.S. Trade Deficits -- Learning things doesn't count as an accomplishment, Donny.
* Federal Hiring Freeze -- Which he later reversed. * New Ethics Commitments On Political Appointees -- We'll see if that amounts to anything.
* Strike On Syrian Airfield -- Which accomplished nothing. * Travel Restrictions On Select Countries -- Which got overturned, twice. * New Iran Sanctions -- Nonsense. * Defense Spending In Budget -- Because previous budgets had no defense spending. * F-35 Cost Savings -- Really, he could've scuttled the entire program.
* Immigration Enforcement, Including Constructing A Wall -- The wall isn't happening. * Sanctuary Cities Funding -- No progress on that yet. Sad! * New Hiring To Enforce Immigration -- True, ICE raids are way up. If there's one thing Trump's good at, it's destroying families. * Prioritizing Criminal Immigration Enforcement And Hiring More Immigration Judges -- No one is "prioritized" anymore. Everyone is fair game.
* Commission On Opioid Crisis -- We'll see if anything comes of this. * Protecting Law Enforcement Officers Crime -- wat * Tackling International Cartels -- How?
HELPING WOMEN AND MINORITIES
* HBCU Initiative -- Right. I'll believe it when I see it. * Canada-United States Council For The Advancement Of Women Entrepreneurs -- Ditto. * Promoting Women In Entrepreneurship Act -- That's cool, but maybe support women more generally, too? * Women And Space Exploration -- Everything will be fine for women as long as we can put a couple up in space, right?
* Nominating And Confirming Gorsuch -- Literally, all you had to was nominate someone. The rest was up to Congress. Well done!
What a great list! I think it speaks for itself.