Psst, hey kid. Wanna see some links? They’re free.
- KFC Australia’s unfortunate NSFW promo was posted to its Twitter account for an hour — Yeah, I don’t even know how to categorize this one. The responses are gold, though.
- Why nerds are so sexist — Nothing really Earth-shattering here, but a good read, and a decent primer if you’re not familiar with the issues involved.
- This is why women crave chocolate, men want a burger — Sexism, mostly.
- What is fempathizing? 5 ways to recognize this act of internalized sexism — A good read for men and women alike.
- This horrifying and newly trendy online-harassment tactic is ruining careers — When someone says something bigoted online, outrage might rise enough to get them fired. But when it comes to reactionary movements like GamerGate, firing simply isn’t enough–lives must be completely destroyed as the penalty for being a woman on the Internet.
- The rise and fall of an American catchphrase: “free, white, and 21” — It’s astounding that this was a thing, however briefly.
- This isn’t up for debate: how sexualization in games has IRL consequences — A great piece talking about (obviously) the sexualization of women in video games.
- Ayn Rand’s warped superheroes: of course Zack Snyder’s vision of “greatness” owes everything to The Fountainhead — Snyder himself is a big time Randroid, and it’s no surprise at all that this mindset infests all of his films.
- Clinton’s image among Democrats at new low — This is potentially very bad news.
- Ted Cruz celebrated his honeymoon by stockpiling 100 cans of soup — This is the most charming newlywed story Cruz and his wife have.
- Obama gets scant credit in Indiana region where recovery was robust — This is the same old story. Successes are rarely reported in politics–only the bad news makes headlines.
- Cult of the Party Parrot — Yesssssss.
- Porn site bans North Carolina users due to state’s anti-LGBT laws — This doesn’t really matter at all, but it amused me.
- Man accidentally “deletes his entire company” with one line of bad code — A mistake he’ll probably only ever make once. Ouch.
- Forget mindfulness, stop trying to find yourself and start faking it — An alternative to all the common advice about how one should find themselves.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.