Psst, hey kid. Wanna see some links? They’re free.
* [KFC Australia's unfortunate NSFW promo was posted to its Twitter account for an hour](http://mic.com/articles/140940/kfc-australia-s-unfortunate-nsfw-promo-was-posted-to-its-twitter-account-for-an-hour?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social#.vsUgUpSrE) -- Yeah, I don't even know how to categorize this one. The responses are gold, though.
* [Why nerds are so sexist](https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/why-nerds-are-so-sexist?utm_source=broadlytwitterus) -- Nothing really Earth-shattering here, but a good read, and a decent primer if you're not familiar with the issues involved. * [This is why women crave chocolate, men want a burger](http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/10/chocolate-craving-pms-men-vegetables_n_6102714.html?) -- Sexism, mostly. * [What is fempathizing? 5 ways to recognize this act of internalized sexism](http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/10/what-is-fempathizing/) -- A good read for men and women alike. * [This horrifying and newly trendy online-harassment tactic is ruining careers](https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/04/11/this-horrifying-and-newly-trendy-online-harassment-tactic-is-ruining-careers/) -- When someone says something bigoted online, outrage might rise enough to get them fired. But when it comes to reactionary movements like GamerGate, firing simply isn't enough--lives must be completely destroyed as the penalty for being a woman on the Internet. * [The rise and fall of an American catchphrase: "free, white, and 21"](http://pictorial.jezebel.com/the-rise-and-fall-of-an-all-american-catchphrase-free-1729621311?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=Pictorial_twitter) -- It's astounding that this was a thing, however briefly. * [This isn't up for debate: how sexualization in games has IRL consequences ](http://www.trickette.com/this-isnt-up-for-debate-how-sexualization-in-games-has-irl-consequences/)-- A great piece talking about (obviously) the sexualization of women in video games.
* [Ayn Rand's warped superheroes: of course Zack Snyder's vision of "greatness" owes everything to ](http://www.salon.com/2016/03/18/ayn_rands_warped_superheroes_of_course_zack_snyders_vision_of_greatness_owes_everything_to_the_fountainhead/)_The Fountainhead_ -- Snyder himself is a big time Randroid, and it's no surprise at all that this mindset infests all of his films.
* [Clinton's image among Democrats at new low](http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/190787/clinton-image-among-democrats-new-low.aspx?utm_source=twitterbutton&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=sharing) -- This is potentially very bad news. * [Ted Cruz celebrated his honeymoon by stockpiling 100 cans of soup](http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/heidi-cruz-ted-bought-100-cans-soup) -- This is the _most_ charming newlywed story Cruz and his wife have. * [Obama gets scant credit in Indiana region where recovery was robust](http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/03/us/politics/obama-donald-trump-economy-indiana.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0&referer=) -- This is the same old story. Successes are rarely reported in politics--only the bad news makes headlines.
* [Cult of the Party Parrot](http://cultofthepartyparrot.com/) -- Yesssssss. * [Porn site bans North Carolina users due to state's anti-LGBT laws](http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/porn-site-bans-north-carolina-users-due-to-states-anti-lgbt-laws_us_570bd057e4b0885fb50d9a92) -- This doesn't really matter at all, but it amused me.
* [Man accidentally "deletes his entire company" with one line of bad code](http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/man-accidentally-deletes-his-entire-company-with-one-line-of-bad-code-a6984256.html) -- A mistake he'll probably only ever make once. Ouch.
* [Forget mindfulness, stop trying to find yourself and start faking it](http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/09/forget-mindfulness-stop-trying-to-find-yourself-start-faking-it-confucius?CMP=share_btn_fb) -- An alternative to all the common advice about how one should find themselves.